Employer Payroll Expense Limits
Setting the Expense Limit for Employer Payroll Expenses
There are 3 Expense Limit options:
- No Limit
- There will be no limit on the amount expensed.
- Equals X Percent of a Payroll Category
- Expense limit is set to a percentage of the same or another category for the current payroll run (current payroll check).
- Equals X Dollars per [Pay Period, Month, Year]
- Expense limit is set to the maximum amount to be expensed for the indicated period.
If users need to expense a percentage of a wage category (perhaps Gross Wages) up to a maximum amount, the users should calculate the maximum expense for the period. Then enter that maximum value plus the appropriate period in the last option.