California ETT (Employment Training Tax) Workers Compensation
Worker's Comp and the California Training Tax1 are not taxes. They are not deducted from an employee's paycheck, therefore, they are Employer Expenses. You can easily set them up Employer Expenses:
- Go to Payroll/Payroll Categories, and select the Expenses tab.
- Click 'New' to create categories for CA Worker's Comp, CA Training Tax, or Workers Comp.
- For Expense Basis enter the individual company's tax rate and the wages to which the expense applies, like Gross Wages.
- For the Expense Limit calculate the Maximum tax, which is the rate entered above times the Wage Max. This is the Expense limit per year. For example, if the percentage rate is .1%, and the Wage Max is $7000, the Expense Limit is $7.00
- Because this is an Employer Expense rather than a "tax" this will not appear on the Tax Liabilities report