Setting Up UPS Shipping Integration
Beginning with AccountEdge 2017 we've introduced the ability to integrate with UPS Shipping. This will allow you to create and calculate shipping rates directly in AccountEdge and print UPS Shipping Labels inside of the software.
Setting Up Your File with UPS Shipping
Step One: Linking Your Account and Profile
To connect with UPS Shipping:
- Open your company file
- Choose Setup > UPS Shipping > UPS Shipping Setup from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Click the button Labeled "Agree to UPS Terms." This will bring you to a window where you need to select the radio button that reads "I agree to terms and conditions"
- Click OK in the bottom right
- You'll be asked to enter your UPS Account Information beginning with your UPS Account Number
NOTE: If you have one already you can find this by logging into your UPS account at http://ups.com and then under My UPS choose "Account Summary." If you don't have a UPS Shipping Account you can sign up for one at http://ups.com.
- Enter your 6 Character UPS Account Number
- Enter a profile name (you can make this whatever you would like - ie: your name or company name or something else entirely)
- Enter Your Company or Name (depending on if your UPS account is a business or personal account)
- Enter your Address
- Enter your City
- Enter your State (or Province)
- Enter your Zip Code (or Postal Code)
- Enter your Country (US or Canada)
- Enter your Contact Name
- Enter your Title (required)
- Enter your Email Address
- Enter your Phone Number
- At the bottom of the UPS Account Setup screen there is a section with a checkbox labeled "I Received an Invoice from UPS for this account in the past 90 days." Only check this off if you have received this information. If you leave it unchecked you will be calculating shipping rates based on the standard posted rates. If you check this off and enter your information you will instead be calculating shipping rates based on the negotiated rates that you have with UPS.
- Click continue in the bottom right
When you click continue you will be prompted with a notification explaining that a new shipping method is going to be created. The shipping method will be called UPS Shipping. You will want to use this shipping method on any shipments you are going to use to create sales that will integrate with UPS Worldship.
Step Two: Setting up a Printer
When you click Next you will be taken to the printer setup section. You can print labels either using the Zebra Model 450 Printer or any standard Laser/Inkjet Printer.
Select your printer type, the default printer, whether you want to automatically print labels after creating a UPS shipment in AccountEdge, and whether or not you want to show the printer dialogue box.
Click Next to continue to the Markup Rates section.
Step Three: Markup Rates
You have the option in this screen to markup the shipping and charge your customer extra for shipping & handling if desired.
The options you have are:
- Add Percentage: You can charge an additional percentage on top of the shipping rates from UPS
- Fixed Markup: You can charge an additional fixed dollar fee on top of the shipping rates from UPS (ie: $5.00 as opposed to 5% of rhte rate)
- Handling Fee: You can charge an associated handling fee for each shipment if desired
- Minimum Shipping Charge: You can decide to set a minimum cost to be required to make a UPS shipment
Click next to continue on to email notifications.
Step Four: Email Notifications
Here you are given the option for who to send email notifications to when different actions occur on the UPS side.
You can have UPS email you (the shipper), your customer (the shippee), and up to one additional email address when these different actions are taken:
- Shipment Notification: When the order arrives at UPS for Shipment
- Delivery Notification: When the order is sent out from UPS for Delivery
- Exception Notification: When the order is delayed or delivery date changes. Examples of exception include: address unknown, damage to shipment, or signature not received.
This video takes you step by step through the Setup: