Edit Sales After Upgrading
If you upgraded from version 2004 or earlier, any item invoices that are currently open cannot be edited or deleted. They are unchangeable.
If you need to modify the item sales you must reverse them and then re-create them in the upgraded company file.
To do this:
1. Go to Sales > Sales Register
2. Click on the grey arrow next to the invoice you need to change
3. Select "Edit" from the menu bar at the top of the screen and choose "Reverse Sale" from the drop down menu
4. Record the reversal (this will make an entry that is exactly the opposite and will create a credit memo)
5. Go to Sales > Sales Register and click on the Returns & Credits tab
6. Highlight the credit which was just created and choose "Apply to Sale"
7. Apply this credit to the original sale to close it
8. Recreate the item invoice with any changes you need to make
Note: You only need to reverse and re-enter the item sales that are open.