Activity Slip Timer
Using the Activity Slip Timer Feature
The timer is displayed on activity slips for hourly activities only. Select Enter Activity Slips and enter an hourly activity. Notice the Timer button will appear at the bottom left side of the window.
- Click the Start button. If you haven't entered a time in the Start Time field, your computer's current system time appears there and the timer begins ticking in the Elapsed Time field. The Start button becomes the Stop button.
- If you enter a Start Time that is before the current system time, the difference will be added to the elapsed time measured by the timer.
- Leave the Enter Activity Slip window open to allow the timer to progress in the Elapsed Time field as you perform the activity. The timer will continue to run even if you minimize AccountEdge, and work with other applications on your computer.
- Click the Stop button when you've completed the activity. The timer stops ticking and the current system time appears in the Stop Time field. The elapsed time is entered automatically in the Units field, and the Stop button becomes the Start button.
- You can edit the start and stop times if you want. The entries in the Units and Elapsed Time fields will be updated automatically.
- Click the Start button again if you want to resume timing an activity. The entries in the Units and Stop Time fields will be cleared. The timer will continue ticking, starting from your current elapsed time.
- When finished, Record the Activity Slip with time.