Additional Line of Description Item Invoice
To add an extra line of description on an invoice, you can create an item specifically for description.
- Create a new Item by going to your Items List and selecting the ‘New’ button.
- Define the item as description, and mark I Sell only. You can use any income account you want, as no dollars will ever be associated with this item. Click OK to save the item.
- On an item invoice where you require more description for an item that you are selling, enter the description item on the line below the item you are selling. You can leave the ‘shipped’ column blank.
- When entering an invoice, in the description field, simply type in the additional description for the item you are selling.
- When the invoice prints, you will see only the description you entered. The back-slash in front of the description item prevents the word description from printing.