AccountEdge is able to print 1099 MISC and 1096 information. It doesn't have the ability to print this to plain paper - you need to purchase the form and AccountEdge can print the numbers you've recorded into the appropriate box.
1099s are based on the Payroll Year (not the Fiscal Year). If you are going to Purchases > Print 1099s and you do not see the correct year available to you need to go through the Start a New Payroll Year Process.
You are able to indicate a Vendor is a 1099 Vendor in the Buying Details of a Vendor's Card File card. If this selection is not available, it means the Payroll Year hasn't been set (same as calendar year).
Select Setup > General Payroll Information or Payroll & 1099 Information to set the Payroll Year for the first time.
Since 1099 forms are printed (reported) in the payroll year, the AccountEdge Payroll Year must be correctly set. The Payroll Information window (Setup > Payroll & 1099 Information) will show the Current Payroll Year. If the Payroll Year indicated in this window is older than the current payroll (calendar) year, you'll need to Start a New Payroll Year. Select File > Start a New Year > Start a new Payroll Year to bring the AccountEdge Payroll Year up to the current year.
In order to generate 1099 and 1096 forms at the end of a payroll year (calendar year), payments should have been recorded in the correct payroll year, which must be the AccountEdge Current Payroll Year.
If you identify a vendor as a 1099 vendor in the Vendor's Card File card (Buying Details), the vendor will appear in the list of the Print 1099s and 1096 window (Command Centers > Purchases & Payables > Print 1099s and 1096). If the indicated amount in this window is incorrect, verify AccountEdge is in the Payroll Year (Setup > Payroll & 1099 Information) corresponding to the year you wish to report.
The 2015 software included some enhancements to make it easier to prepare your 1099s. To find which 1099 Vendors you paid $600.00 or more to during the year:
- Customize the 1099 Vendor Payment Summary
- Notice the report options - you can run this for a specific date range, a specific 1099 category and you can filter it by the dollar amount you paid that Vendor.
We created a video to showcase and explain the new features included in the 2015 software:
Software Previous to AccountEdge 2015
Previous to the 2015 software it was still possible to generate reports; however, it was a little more complicated. You can find which payments you paid $600.00 or more to during the year by:
- Go to Reports > Index to Reports
- Click on the Payroll tab
- Scroll down until you see the bold heading "Payments"
- Customize the Vendor Payments report for the appropriate date
- Click the "Report Fields" tab.
- Uncheck the address field, leaving only the name and amount
- Send this report to Excel
- Optionally, you can delete the blank liness
- Sort on the Amount column to determine vendors with payments that are greater than $600.00
To print your 1099s on pre-printed 1099 forms:
- Go to Purchases inside of AccountEdge
- Click on the Print 1099s and 1096 button
- Select the correct year at the upper right corner of the screen
(this is based on the payroll year - if you don't see the year you
need you may need to Start
a New Payroll Year)
- Click OK in the bottom right
- You'll be presented with a list of your 1099 Vendors - if you
need to edit any dollar figures you can do so by clicking on the
double-arrow to the left of their name
- Once you've confirmed the figures you check off the Vendors you want to print 1099s for and click print