AccountEdge Network Edition - Switch Host Computer
AccountEdge Network edition works by having one machine act as a host for your data file while the other machines in the office connect back to that main computer.
If you need to switch the host machine from one computer to another computer that you already have AccountEdge installed on, you would want to follow these steps:
- Copy the data file from the host machine to a flashdrive or any
other location that the new host can access.
- Open Finder
- Choose Go "Computer" from the top of the screen
- Double-Click into Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > AccountEdge NE > Databases
- Control-Click or Right-Click on your company file (.myo). Choose to "Copy"
- Open your Flashdrive or other network accessible location and choose "Edit" > "Paste Item" from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Turn off FileConnect on the current machine
- Go to the Apple at the upper left corner of the screen and choose "System Preferences"
- Click on the AccountEdge system preference in the lower left
- Click "Stop FileConnect" - you'll be prompted to enter your Mac Administrator password
- Close the System Preference Window
- Move to your new Host computer and Turn FileConnect
- You can follow the steps for Part 2 - except instead of clicking "Stop Fileconnect" you should see "Start FileConnect"
- Copy the data file from your flash drive or network accessible
location to the Databases folder
- You can follow the steps for Part 1 - except begin by copying the file from the flashdrive or network accessible location and instead paste it into the Databases folder