Important Setup Information for Merchants Upgrading to AccountEdge 2010 (or later)
This FAQ contains important information for Merchants using the Forte Payment Systems (formally known as ACH Direct) and AccountEdge to process credit card payments. It applies to all merchants using AccountEdge 2009 (and older) and upgrading.
Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a mandatory compliance initiative driven by VISA and MasterCard to govern the way merchants store, process or transmit cardholder data. One of their primary objectives is to develop a more secure system. Read more about PCI DSS.
You can also read our PCI Compliance FAQs for Merchants.
Upgrading to the latest version of AccountEdge Pro or AccountEdge Basic is required in order to achieve PCI DSS compliance.
AccountEdge will no longer store credit card information in the company file, but instead on Forte's secure payments gateway. AccountEdge simply stores an ID so that if you wish to process a future payment using the same credit card, AccountEdge tells the secure gateway to process a payment with the credit card on file for that customer. All managed from within AccountEdge.
During the upgrade process credit card numbers will be removed from the card number fields. The upgrade process creates a new version of your company file for use with the latest version which will no longer have card numbers stored.
Important Setup Information
To start using AccountEdge to process transactions, you must first enter two key bits of information on the Payments Gateway. You will be asked to do this one time only. Instructions are as follows. Or, you can download a PDF file with more detailed instructions, including screenshots.
- You will need to enter your API Login ID and Secure Transaction Key into your AccountEdge software. If you have already been given your API Login ID and Secure Transaction Key, please proceed to step 5. If not, follow to step 2 to acquire your ID and Key.
- Log on to the Payments Gateway (you should have received your login information via email or fax when you first enrolled. If you cannot locate your Payments Gateway login information you can call Forte at 866-290-5400 select option #2).
- Click on Gateway Settings then on Gateway Key.
- You will be prompted to generate your API Login ID and your Secure Transaction Key. Click the API Login ID Generate button to generate a ID code. Do the same with the Secure Transaction Key Generate button. Click Update. Please keep the generated codes for your records, you will need to enter them in your AccountEdge company file.
- In your AccountEdge Pro company file visit Setup > Credit Card Process > Setup Credit Card Processing. Enter your API Login ID and Transaction Key from above and click OK.
That's it. You should be able to begin processing transactions. If you have questions, please call us at 800-322-6962.