User Privileges and Permissions (Creating User Accounts)
User accounts can only be created an managed by the Administrator user. The Administrator needs to be the only person accessing the company file to manage user accounts.
Create New User Account
- Go to the top menu bar and select Setup > Preferences.
- Select the Security tab at the top.
- In the lower left corner click the User IDs button.
- At the bottom of the User Access window click the New button.
To set user access in a company file:
- Click Setup from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Choose Preferences from the drop down
- Click the the Security tab
- Click on User IDs from the bottom left corner
To restrict a user's access:
1. Choose the user from the list on the left
2. The list on the right shows available permissions - check anything off that you want the user to NOT have access to
If you restrict a user's access to a function that's marked with an asterisk, the user won't be able to view or report on the transactions created by that function.
In the following Time Billing example, setting the restriction on Time Billing will restrict access to the whole section, i.e., Activities List, Activity Information, Enter Activity Slip, View Activity Log, etc. Setting the restriction on Activities List, with no other restriction set, will restrict access to the Activities List and Activity Information only.
Time Billing Activities List Activity Information Enter Activity Slip View Activity Log Time Billing Customers Prepare Time Billing Invoice
This PDF file contains a listing of the 2013 AccountEdge User Privileges: User Access
This PDF file contains a listing of the 2018 AccountEdge User Privileges: User Access 2018