Tracking Grants for Non-Profit
Tracking Grant Income, Expenses and Invoicing using Jobs in AccountEdge. This helps to track and ensure that all expenses get reimbursed.
Create a Job for Each Grant
- Go to the top menu bar and select Lists > Jobs
- Click the New button to create a new Job.
- Create a Job for each grant, linked to the Grantor as the Linked Customer.
Assign Expenses to the Grant/Job
In every Purchase or Spend Money transaction make sure to assign the Job that was created for the Grant. You can also split each line item between multiple Jobs/Grants or only assign a percentage of the expense to the Job/Grant.
Create Reimbursement Invoice for the Grantor
To create the reimbursement invoice for the Grantor:
- Click on Enter Sales.
- In the lower left corner click the Action Wheel button.
- Select Add Reimbursable Expense/Milage.
- A window will display with a list of the expenses linked to this Job/Grant that haven't yet been reimbursed.
- At the top of this window assign a Reimbursement Account. This is the account that will get credited for the income of the sale.
- Select the expenses you would like to reimburse on this invoice by clicking to the right of the cost to place a checkmark.
- Click the Reimburse button and then you will see the items added to the sale.
The video below provides provides more information on using Reimbursable Expenses.