To renumber checks, paychecks
Follow these steps to change your check number or renumber your checks.
- Go to the Banking Command Center and select Print Checks.
- In the Review Checks Before Printing Window, select Advanced Filters (if not already in the Advanced Filters window).
- Select the bank account that the original checks were drawn from.
- In the Check # of First Check in Printer field, enter the check number that you want your first check to be.
- Indicate the check type you intend to print.
- Deselect the option: Unprinted Checks Only.
- Select Check Numbers Between and enter the check(s) you wish to renumber.
- Click OK.
- Place a check mark next to the checks that you wish to renumber.
- Select Print, and then CANCEL if you do not want to actually print the checks.
AccountEdge will sequentially renumber all of the checks that are checked in the list, and will renumber them in the order they appear in the list, starting with the number entered in the Check # of First Check in Printer field. AccountEdge will also update the related transactions in the Transaction Journal(s) with the new numbers.
Note: If a check was destroyed in a printer or the check number will never be used, it may be necessary to VOID that check in the Journal (after renumbering). To void a check:
- Go to the Banking command center and click Spend Money. The Spend Money window appears.
- Choose the checking account from which you want to void the check.
- In the Check # field, type the number of the check you want to void.
- Leave the Amount field and the account allocation fields blank.
- Click Record, then click OK to confirm that you want to void the check.