There are two different ways to get to the Customize Checks window.
- Option 1 - Go to your top menu bar and select Setup > Customize Forms > Checks.
- Option 2 - From either the Banking, Purchases, or Payroll Command Center click on the blue Print Checks button. Click Advanced Filters. The Advanced Filters window will show the Selected Form for Check which is the default check form being used. Click the Customize button to customize it.
The following check forms come with AccountEdge already created for you:
- Laser/Inkjet Check#953L - Prints one check and two stubs per page (check on the top of the page with two stubs underneath it). The paper size is 8.5" wide by 11" long.
- Laser/Inkjet Check#960L - Prints one check and two stubs per page (check on the top of the page with two stubs underneath it). The paper size is 8.5" wide by 11" long.
- Laser/Inkjet Check#971L - Prints one check and two stubs per page (check on the top of the page with two stubs underneath it). The paper size is 8.5" wide by 11" long.
- Continuous Feed Check#960 - Prints one check on top with the corresponding stub below, then another check and corresponding stub. The paper size is 8.5" wide by 14" long. The form size is 8.5" wide by 7" long.
- Laser 3-up Check - Prints three checks per page no stubs. The paper size is 8.5" wide by 11" long.
Check paper is available from Acclivity's Checks and Forms:
- For the US visit AccountEdge Checks or call 800-878-0370
- For Canada visit AccountEdge Cheques and Forms
The Customize Tool Bar
When you are in the Customize Checks window there is a tool bar at the top of the window. This tool bar is what allows you to add new fields and edit the formatting.
Make note of the Layout option at the top of this window. The Layout represents the part of the check that you are customizing.
- Check - This is the actual check part of the check.
- Regular - The stub for a Spend Money check. Printed from the Banking Command Center.
- Payable - The stub for a Payable check. Printed from the Purchases Command Center.
- Refund - The stub for a Refund check. Printed from the Sales Command Center.
- Paycheck - The stub for a Paycheck. Printed from the Payroll Command Center.
Customizing Check to Add Payee Address Information
You can customize a check to have one field with a customer/vendor's name and then another field that will have their name and address information. This can be slightly confusing as it is actually the same field called "Payee".
To be able to adjust this:
- Go to Setup > Customize Forms > Checks
- Choose a check (if you want stubs it would have to be one of the Laser-Inkjet checks)
- Click Customize)
- Click the Field button (No. 3 in the image below)
- Check off Payee and click add (No. 4 in the image below)
- Drag the field to the location you would like it to be (No. 1 in the image below)
- Modify how large the field should be by clicking on the Payee field and dragging the middle blue box upwards until it only shows the word Payee and doesn't have room to display more than the name
- Leave the original Payee field (No. 2 in the image below) so that it is large enough to include both the name and the address
If you do not need the name/address you can just modify the original Payee field to only be large enough to include the name (vertically).
Customizing Check to Have Format of Stub- Check - Stub
AccountEdge templates are set up to use a Check-Stub-Stub format. To Customize an AccountEdge check template to print to a Stub-Check-Stub format on an 8.5" x 11" sheet:
1.Select Setup > Customize Forms > Checks
2.Choose the laser check form that provides a check with 2 stubs (e.g., Laser/Inkjet Check #960L)
3.Click the Customize button
4.Select Edit > List Select All in the Customize Checks window while the Check layout is being displayed
5.Select Edit > Cut
6.In the Layout drop down menu select the type of check stub layout you will use (if you use different types you'll have to do this for each)
7.The layout for both stubs will appear in the window once you scroll down to the middle of the form. Hold down the shift key and select all the fields in the first stub
8.Move one of the selected fields to the top part of the form. All of the selected fields will move. You can either drag this with the mouse or use the arrow keys on the keyboard. Place these fields on the top part of the form
9.Repeat the last two steps for each stub layout that you use
10.Change the Layout back to Check
11.The check layout will appear in your customize window. Select Edit > Paste
12.Move the check fields to the middle of the form (about 4")
13.Test print on a blank piece of paper to verify the alignment of the checks and stubs
14.Fine-tune adjustments as necessary
15.Select Save As to save the custom check template