Starting with AccountEdge 2011 you have the ability to create Retainers and use these to record customers deposits. For more information about the Retainers feature please see this article.
Posting Customer Pre-payments/Deposits Without Using
To post a customer prepayment, payment or deposit:
- Go to the Sales command center and click Enter Sales.
- Select the customer, create a Service Invoice with the status of Invoice with a $0 amount. You can post this to any account since it will be a zero dollar amount. Enter information about deposit in the Description field.
- In the Paid Today field, indicate the full amount of the deposit.
- Enter the correct payment method in the Payment Method field, processing a credit card, if necessary.
- When you click Record to save, you will get the message, "This sale has very little information... ." Click OK.
- A Credit Memo will now be in the Sales Register, under the Returns & Credits tab. You can apply this credit memo to future invoices, or pay a refund to the customer.