Create Vendor PO from Sales Order
In AccountEdge, you can easily generate a vendor PO based on a Sales Order or Quote with one click of your mouse. To do so:
- Start the process by creating a Sales Order or Quote in the
Sales Command Center: Go to Sales > Enter Sales.
- At the top left hand corner, change the sales status to Order
- Proceed with filling out the sales information as you usually
do. You must enter a price in order for the Create PO button to
- Click on the "Actions" button on the lower left portion of your
Order or Quote (On Mac the Actions button looks like a cog
- Click "Create Purchase Order." A message will be displayed
indicating your order or quote will be recorded before proceeding
to the purchase window. Click Okay.
- The Purchase Order window will display.
- You can change the PO to a bill at this time (if desired), or
you can leave it in 'order' status.
- Click Record.
You can open the Purchases Register to review your recorded PO.
The vendor information will automatically be placed in the PO only if there is a default vendor for all of the items on an Item Sales Order or Quote.
If an item is not marked 'I buy', it will not carry over to the PO.
Once you click Record on the PO, AccountEdge will return back to the Sales Order or Sales Register window, (from wherever you started).
The 'Create PO' button is not found on the Time Billing sales layout.
You can create a PO for a Sales Order or Quote that has already been paid.