You can assign budgets to accounts in your chart of accounts and to jobs.
To assign budgets to accounts:
1. Go to Accounts > Accounts List
2. Highlight the specific account for which you want to enter a budget amount.
3. Click the Budgets button at the bottom of the Accounts List.
You can enter a specific dollar amount for each month in the Budgets column, or you can click the Shortcuts button to enter a fixed dollar amount for each month, or a fixed percentage increase for each month. Or, you can copy the budget information from the prior year.
To assign budgets to jobs:
1. Go to Lists > Jobs
2. Highlight the specific job for which you want to enter a budget amount.
3. Click the budgets button.
4. Enter the projected dollar amounts expected in your income and expense accounts for this job.