Printing in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Some users have reported that since upgrading to Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) when they attempt to print reports or forms they are experiencing issues. Two separate issues have been reported.
Printing Block Characters Instead of Text
The software is printing block characters as opposed to actual text. This issue appears to be an issue with the Palatino font, as El Capitan has created a second copy of this font for some people.
To resolve this:
- Open Finder
- Choose "Go" > "Applications" from the menu bar at the top of
- Choose Font Book
- Scroll down through the fonts until you get to
- Click the drop down arrow next to it
- Notice that you will have multiple copies of the font - click
the one with the yellow exclaimation point
- Click "Resolve Automatically"
This should resolve the printing problem.
Alternatively, if this doesn't work, you can change the font that AccountEdge is trying to use to print those reports. You can do so by:
- Go to Setup > Preferences from the menu bar at the top of
- Click on the Reports & Forms Tab
- Click on the Reports button at the bottom left
- At the top left is the "Report Line" - you are going to need to
do this for each option in the dropdown (Company, Address, Report,
- Switch the font from whatever it was set to (ie: Palatino) to
another font (try Arial or Times New Roman for instance)
- After going through all of the lines hit okay
Try to print again - it should use another font then the one you originally had used.
When Attempting to Print/Save to PDF AccountEdge Crashes
UPDATE: We've released updates to AccountEdge 2016 that have resolved issues with AccountEdge crashing during print/save to PDF. Updating to the latest version of AccountEdge 2016 should resolve any printer crashing issues.
Some printers that are not compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 and require a new driver may cause AccountEdge to crash while printing/saving to PDF.
Specifically, we’ve had a few reports about Brother printers that are not yet compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 sporadically causing AccountEdge to crash while printing.
You can view a list of Brother printers that require new drivers and when they are expected to be available here.
Apple released an update to Brother Printing Software on 10/9/15 - please make sure you install this update if you have a Brother printer.