Can't Update AccountEdge for Windows
On Windows Systems, AccountEdge will automatically check for product updates when the program is launched.
If you choose to manually check for updates (Help > Check for Updates) and you receive the message: "You are running the latest version of AccountEdge. An update is not needed at this time." If we know an update is available there are two options to resolving this.
You can easily reset the application version number and attempt another Check for Product Updates to update the AccountEdge program.
To do this:
- Launch AccountEdge
- Choose Help > About AccountEdge
- Write down the build number
- Navigate to the C:\AccountEdgePro20YY folder (YY indicates the year you are using)
- Right-click on the file named UpdateClient_Status, and open the file with Notepad
- Change the ApplicationVersion value to the first number for your build (for instance - if you wrote down 18.0.6 in Step 3 you want to change it to 18.0.0, if you wrote down 19.3.2 you want to change it to 19.3.0)
- Close Notepad
- Check for Product Updates (Help > Check for Product Updates)
- The update process will begin
You can contact us for a direct link to the update that you need. This bypasses the check for updates process. You can contact us either by filling out this form (make sure to note which update you need - ie: "I need the latest update for AccountEdge 2019") or you can call us at 800.322.6962 (Monday-Friday 9 AM - 8 PM Eastern).