Emailing from AccountEdge Using Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or Later
AccountEdge 2015 and 2016 have both received an update to how they handle email attachments. Make sure that you are on the latest versions of AccountEdge 2015 and 2016 by going to AccountEdge > Check for Updates from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Known Issue for Versions of AccountEdge Prior to AccountEdge 2015
There is a known issue with attempting to email directly from AccountEdge to Mac Mail on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or Later (including macOS 10.12 Sierra). The PDF of the invoice or Purchase, etc. will not be attached to the email when sending directly from AccountEdge. We’ve reported this as a bug to Apple and at this point it is unlikely they will change this behavior. You can either use the workaround below (which is only a temporary resolution) or purchase an upgrade to a newer version of AccountEdge (which will provide a more permanent solution).
As a workaround, you can choose to Save the Invoice to Disk and then manually email the invoice.
There is another workaround that may be a good solution for people who need to send out large batches of invoices.
These are the steps to workaround the Mail issue:
- Open Mail
- Choose Mail > Preferences from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Click on Accounts
- Change your Outgoing Mail Server (for your default Mail account) to None
- Close the Preferences window and you will be prompted to save your settings
- Open AccountEdge and email as you normally would
- Since there's no default outgoing mail server, the emails will be created with the attachments and will be open on your screen with a warning about need to select an outgoing mail server.
- Choose your Default Outgoing Mail Server from the list and select "Always Use This Server"
- The email will then send successfully
This is a workaround, but unfortunately, it would need to be done every time you went to send out an email, so it isn't a realistic long-term solution - it is just a termporary workaround.