AccountEdge Mobile Enhancements
Mobile Version 4.2
Mobile Version 4.1
Mobile Version 4.0
Mobile Version 3.0
Mobile Version 2.41
Mobile Version 2.40
Mobile Version 2.30
Mobile Version 2.27
Mobile Version 2.25
Mobile Version 2.1
Mobile Version 2.0
Mobile Version 1.7
Version 4.2 (April 9, 2015)
We've fixed a few bugs including:
- Using a credit card reader for processing payments.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a duplicate customer or vendor.
- Balance Due was not displayed correctly on payment screens.
- Sales Description field has been expanded.
- Company vs Individual setting not working on iPads.
- The notes and memo screen has been made larger on iPhones.
- Freight tax is now a toggle on a customer card.
- Fixed the setting for Tax IDs under Settings.
- Other minor issues have also been addressed.
Version 4.1 (March 20, 2015)
This release addresses several known issues including a fix for some users experiencing a crash upon launch/sync as well as enabling AirPrint.
Version 4.0 (February 5, 2015)
All new AccountEdge Mobile with new user interface for iOS 8 includes faster syncing and enhanced Dropbox integration. AccountEdge 2013 or later with iOS 7 or iOS 8 is required.
Version 3.0 (October 28, 2014)
AccountEdge Mobile v3 addresses several known issues on iOS 8.
Other minor defects have been addressed. iOS 6 or later is required.
Version 2.41 (January 16, 2014
Release 2.41 addresses a couple of instances where a crash may occur on initial sync. This update is recommended for all users of AccountEdge Mobile.
The Dropbox iOS app is required to be installed for syncing. Some users have experienced connection errors when the Dropbox app is not installed.
Version 2.40 (December 17, 2013)
This update includes:
- Enhanced Sync capability
- Bug Fixes
We completely rewrote the sync code. We've tested with the data sets we have in house and those submitted by our intrepid end users, and we're thrilled with the results. Although syncing may take some time for very large lists (and we recommend making sure your device does not go to sleep), depending on the list size and device speed, we've seen significant improvements.
AccountEdge Mobile 2.30 (August 6, 2013)
Changes for the US:
- Check is now a new payment method on Quick Sale
- Custom transaction settings for Payments were added
- Minor Bug Fixes
Changes for Canada:
- Process Credit Cards (requires AccountEdge Merchant Service)
- Quick Sale
- View Open Receivables
- Accept Payment on open Receivables
- Custom transaction settings for Payments
- Minor Bug Fixes
New features require AccountEdge Pro 2013
AccountEdge Mobile 2.27 (May 23, 2013)
This update includes:
- Fixed the problem of Swiping a credit card causing a crash of AccountEdge Mobile
- Fixed the Spend Money transaction display issue on the iPad
- Fixed the Display of Totals for Cash Payments on Quick Sale
AccountEdge Mobile 2.25 (April 30, 2013)
This minor release includes the changes:
- Added support for Air Print: You can use the Share button on an invoice to select Print from the menu.
- Fix an issue: Create Mileage Slip with a Job. Syncing a Mileage Slip with a Job resulted in a Mileage Slip with a '?' Job in Desktop.
- Additional fixes:
- Alert removed when trying to create Time Billing Invoice using AccountEdge Pro
- Sale Logo Setting showing twice for some users
- Tax ID Toggle to not show ID numbers on PDFs
- Display issue for item quantities
- Item Price reset to $0.00 when creating an Item Sale on iPhones/iPods
AccountEdge Mobile 2.1 (February 20, 2013)
This minor release includes two important changes:
- Important update to Dropbox connection method — Dropbox recently modified their API (the method by which AccountEdge connects to Dropbox) and it's advised for all Mobile users update to 2.1 as a result.
- iPhone 5 screen size support — AccountEdge Mobile is now optimized for the increased screen size of the iPhone 5.
AccountEdge Mobile 2.0 (January 3, 2013)
We're really excited about this release as it represents a major milestone in the evolution of AEM.
Here is a list of the great new features and fixes (Integration
with AccountEdge Pro 2013 is required):
- Credit Card processing*: Whether on a Sale or when applying a payment to a receivable, charge your client's credit card by either manually entering or swiping in their card details
- Quick Sale: Working in a high volume sales environment? Maybe a trade show or farmers market? We made Quick Sale for you. Create item sales (and designate your favorite items) or service sales (for a specific amount) and quickly receive payments by cash or credit card
- Mileage Slips: Record mileage by employee or by vehicle. Record depreciation and apply costs to your jobs, all while defining your own rates
- Add or Edit Jobs: Create new or edit existing Jobs
- Receivables: View a list of outstanding accounts receivable to see who owes you money, and apply a payment via cash,check or credit card
- New user interface: We've enhanced the UI to make adding new transactions simpler and faster on all devices
*Compatible with all existing AccountEdge Merchant Accounts
AccountEdge Mobile 1.7 (February 16, 2012)
This update includes 2 major enhancements
- In AccountEdge Mobile 1.7, users can assign customized
transaction numbers for Sales, Activity Slips and Spend Money
transactions. Each user can set unique numbers such as DH001000 or
201201 and AccountEdge Mobile will auto-increment from there.
The option to use the AccountEdge Mobile transaction numbers when the transactions are synchronized with the AccountEdge file. The unique advantage of this option is if you decide not to use the AccountEdge Mobile transaction number, AccountEdge Pro will assign its next transaction number to the transaction when synchronizing, and store the AccountEdge Mobile transaction number in the transaction's memo field. This means the AccountEdge Pro numbering sequence can be maintained even when syncing transactions from AccountEdge Mobile. It also means the transaction numbers in AccountEdge Mobile will be different than the numbers in AccountEdge Pro.
Additional details about transaction numbering:
AccountEdge Pro 2012, Build 16.1.3 is required to enable this feature.
Transaction identifiers that are all numbers, are displayed in AccountEdge as 8-digit numbers. If you assign the number 201201 as your starting number, AccountEdge Pro and Mobile will add the leading zeros to make it an 8-digit number. Thus 201201 will become 00201201, and AccountEdge Mobile will auto-increment from there.
All 3 transaction types can have 1 or 2 letters and up to 6 digits, so you could use user initials to identify transactions.
If you use 1 or 2 leading letters in Sales transactions, you can also use any number of digits for a total of 8 characters. If letters are used as a prefix, only the numbers will increment. So TN001 will NOT become 000TN001; using leading letters will maintain that sequence, and no leading zeros will be added, but the numbers will increment (e.g., TN001, TN002, TN003 ...).
All transaction numbers can be over-written when creating specific transactions. Transaction identifiers can be replaced with any 8-character number and letter combination. This is a handy way to record miscellaneous cash- and non-check expenses with Spend Money transactions. Regardless of the numbering configuration used in AccountEdge Mobile, AccountEdge Pro will continue to use its own numbering sequence.
- The second feature we've added is the ability to record Item
Invoices, which has been highly requested by our users and forum
'fans'. As you know, there are situations where negative inventory
can wreak havoc if you sell something you don't actually have, so
we've implemented software checks to deal with that.
Additional Inventory Invoice details:
In AccountEdge Pro, if you have the preference set to allow the sale of items with insufficient on-hand quantities, AccountEdge Mobile Item Invoice Sale transactions will be recorded as Invoices regardless of the item quantity on hand. The item on-hand quantity indicated on an invoice will be subtracted from the inventory on-hand quantity.
If there are insufficient quantities on hand, you will get a warning after you synchronize, just to let you know you don't have enough stock, but the invoice will be recorded.
If you do not have this preference set in AccountEdge Pro (i.e., you don't want to deal with negative inventory), an Item Invoice recorded in AccountEdge Mobile with items where there aren't sufficient on-hand quantities will be recorded as an Order when AccountEdge Mobile is synchronized with AccountEdge Pro. In the case where there are multiple line items on the Invoice, and there are insufficient quantities for only one item, the entire Invoice will be converted to an Order in AccountEdge Pro. Additionally, AccountEdge Pro will send a message back to AccountEdge Mobile, to have it convert the Invoice to an Order as well. On AccountEdge Mobile, Invoices converted to Orders because of insufficient on-hand quantities, will be identified with an asterisk and a sentence (in red text) indicating the Invoice was converted to an Order.
- What is AccountEdge Connect (Formerly AccountEdge Cloud)?
- Getting Started With AccountEdge Connect (Formerly AccountEdge Cloud) Using Dropbox
- AccountEdge Connect (Formerly AccountEdge Cloud) Costs
- AccountEdge Connect (Formerly AccountEdge Cloud) - Dropbox Requirements
- Syncing with AccountEdge Connect (Formerly AccountEdge Cloud) and Dropbox
- View all (15 more)