AccountEdge Connect Tax Codes
AccountEdge Connect receives its list of tax codes from those that exist in AccountEdge Desktop.
Currently, AccountEdge Connect will only use tax codes that include decimal places (ex. 9.5%) correctly if the language that is used on the computer is English. This happens because if the computer's language is set to French the decimal place (.) will be represented instead by a comma (,). If you attempt to use AccountEdge Connect like this - you will instead only get full numbered tax codes (i.e.: 9,5% will actually just be 9% in AccountEdge Connect).
As a work around for the time being, if you set the language on your computer to English (you will need to leave the language this way) you can use tax codes with decimal places.
To do this:
Set the language as English
- Go to Lists > Tax Codes from the top of the screen
- Edit the name of the Tax Code (i.e.: add a Z to the end of it
or something like that)
- Sync with AccountEdge Connect
- Log out of AccountEdge Connect and then log back in
- Edit the name of the Tax Code back to what it should
- Sync with AccountEdge Connect again
- Log out of AccountEdge Connect and then log back in again
This page will be updated with additional information when this issue is addressed.