Stale-Dated Cheques - Canada

Josh White's Avatar

Josh White

16 May, 2011 07:09 PM

Hi guys,

I have some stale-dated cheques that I need to handle, but they were issued in 2010 and that year has since been closed. What's the best way to move forward and clear these from the books?


  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by AccountEdge Sup... on 16 May, 2011 09:57 PM

    AccountEdge Support's Avatar


    If these are outstanding checks that you wish to void out, then you should be able to pull up the check and do an edit > reverse transaction. It will make a reversal of the initial check transaction and it will need to be recorded in the current FY.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac