MN Unemployment taxes (SUTA) are not being calculated correctly in payroll liabilities

nlorntson

10 Oct, 2010 05:20 PM

In addition to the usual Unemployment Insurance (SUTA) base tax rate, MN adds in an Additional Assessment of 14% of the calculated base amount and a Workforce Enhancement Fee of .12% (for 2010) of the taxable wages. I have the correct Currently only the base tax rate is being calculated so my UI payments listed in Payroll Liabilities for SUTA are always short.

Am I wrong to expect the payroll liabilities to automatically calculate this amount when I go to pay my SUTA?

I don't see how I could manipulate my SUI percent in the general payroll setup since the Additional assessment is on the amount calculated by the base percentage.

I should mention that the payroll form viewer DOES display all the correct amounts and percentages and if I were to use the form it produces, it shows the correct amount due when compared to the MN SUTA submission website.

Right now, because these two amounts are missing, I cannot properly record my SUTA payments in payroll liabilities.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get this sorted out?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac