master password

Lou Darnell

16 Jun, 2010 12:29 AM

I set my master password over 10 years ago and I can't remember it. How can I reset my master password?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Simon on 18 Jun, 2010 01:34 PM

Hi Lou. For obvious security reasons, you can't change the master password unless you know the current password. You'll have to send the file to AccountEdge to have the password reset. Call them at 800-322 6962.

2. 2 Posted by Lou on 25 Jun, 2010 12:35 AM

I called 800-322-6962 and was told to reply to an email and I would be given directions about sending my file.

I have done that twice in the last week and have yet to get any directions for sending my data file.

Will I be able to continue using my data file after I send to you?

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Simon on 25 Jun, 2010 04:59 PM

Lou,
    Looks like email went to you at 6/24/10, 11:13 AM ET. Instructions would be in that email.

If you didn't get that email, please check spam trap. Otherwise contact Customer Service, again.

4. 4 Posted by Louis J. Darnel... on 26 Jun, 2010 05:47 PM

Sorry, but I have looked everywhere and can't find an email ref master password change. What was the subject? Thanks, Lou

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:02 AM
    To: Louis J. Darnell
    Subject: Re: master password [Questions and Discussions]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Simon on 28 Jun, 2010 01:16 PM

Hello Lou. You should call AccountEdge Customer Service (800-322 6962), and let them know you're not receiving email.

6. 6 Posted by Louis J. Darnel... on 28 Jun, 2010 05:15 PM

Thanks Bill, I did receive it as your records indicate. I didn't recognize CFS as coming from AE. Thanks for your follow up. LOu

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 3:19 AM
    To: Louis J. Darnell
    Subject: Re: master password [Questions and Discussions]

7. 7 Posted by Natasha Giofu on 01 Sep, 2010 10:28 PM

My accountedge reset the passwords itself.. not really sure how it booted me out and then when i went to log back in it the password wouldn't work anymore... So would the same procedure work ?

8. 8 Posted by happyface on 07 Oct, 2010 06:43 PM

Natasha you can try log in with out an administrator password if that doesnt work you can send your file to Acclivity to have them remove the password for you. Another option would be to restore a backup before you had issues logging into your file.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac