User ID locked

's Avatar

anonymous

16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

I keep getting the error someone else has already signed on with the same user ID. This happens when I get locked with a report and can't get back in. We tried to have everyone exit the system but it seems MYOB still thinks my ID is active. Any suggestions how to free up the user ID?

1. 2 Posted by anonymous on 16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

With everyone out of MYOB, use Windows Explorer (My Computer) and open the folder where the MYOB data file is, and look for the lock files - they will have an .flk extension. Delete them all if possible. They will start with Lock... or Access.... You should then be able to open MYOB under your username.

(This applies to Windows, AccountEdge on the Mac may have a similar solution).

Regards
    Mike

2. 3 Posted by anonymous on 16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

Hope I'm asking this in th right place: I'm getting an In order to do this you must be the only person using this data file message when I try to verify the data file. There are the Access01.flk, Access51.flk and Lock0001.flk files with the myob data file. Try to delete them in the usual way and they won't. Have found that using a bit of software called Unlocker will delete them but they're back as soon as I re-open the file. No one else uses this computer, (I'm Administrator). Help please!

3. 4 Posted by anonymous on 16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

When anyone signs in to MYOB these files are created. When everyone is signed out again they are normally deleted.

If you are the only person signed in and you are getting this message, then it's possible you have an external application accessing MYOB as well, which won't show up as a user on the active workstations list.

If that's the case here, this app needs to be closed before you can carry out the tasks that require single-user access.

4. 5 Posted by anonymous on 16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

Thanks Mikeopolo - apologies for not responding before, I missed the fact that you had replied.

In the meantime I have found out that if I log-on in safe mode there is no problem. How do I find out which app might be using MYOB? There's nothing that I know of that needs to use it. Is it likely to be one of the start-up programs? Could disable all those to see if that solves the problem?

Thanks in advance - will check the forum daily!

5. 6 Posted by anonymous on 16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

For Windows operating systems, try using Process Explorer, which has a search facility to find which process has a file open.

http://technet.microsoft.com/e...ernals/bb896653.aspx

Regards
    Mike

6. 7 Posted by anonymous on 16 Apr, 2010 10:45 AM

Thanks very much for your quick response. Have run Process Explorer - not too sure what I'm looking for but the only reference I can find on there is to the MYOB file itself when it's running. Any suggestions please? Can send the txt version of the PE screen if it help. Thanks again.

7. 8 Posted by Zak on 31 Aug, 2010 06:47 PM

I was having having the same "file locked" problem as described above, and deleted the lock0001.flk file, and I was able to open the file again, once, and now I'm being told that "The file you have chosen is not an AccountEdge company file." This persists even after putting the file back from the trashbin. Help would be appreciated....my backup is 4 or 5 days old.

8. 9 Posted by Mr. Green on 25 Sep, 2010 03:05 AM

Dear Zak,

What you can try doing is renaming your file. Many times if the name is too long, you will get that message. You can also try optimizing your company file.

-Mr. Green

9. 10 Posted by kimbakat on 26 Jan, 2011 01:40 AM

I have the same issue. My filename is only 3 characters..that is not the answer.

I've been using AE sucessfully for a year. I closed the file today..and it wouldn't open. Keep getting the message

"The file you have chosen is not an AccountEdge company file." I've already deleted the locked files..as I have before when I have had a login issue. It has corrected it before...not now though.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac